Thursday

Award Season Has Arrived.
AWARD #1
My friend Marie from Of Books and Writing has graciously awarded me the LEMONADE AWARD. The concept behind this is that the blog creators have shown an uncanny knack for silver linings and making the best of bad situations (i.e., lemonade from lemons). It has charming logo/widget that you may see here one day (once I unravel the mysteries of bringing it over). The rules are simply to name ten sites that reflect this silver lining philosophy. For those who are getting yet another award ...here are three things to remember before you get annoyed at me...
1. I don't have that many friends :) (i.e., feel sorry for me please)...
2. You fit the category perfectly with your lovely attitudes...
3. No need to do it until after the holidays...at your convenience!! I will understand completely.

Charmaine at Beautiful Things to Share http://beautifulthingstoshare.blogspot.com
Brenda at Coffee Tea Books and Me http://coffeeteabooksandme.blogspot.com
Mary Ellen at Mary's Meanderings http://megardengal.blogspot.com
Clarice at Storybook Woods http://storybookwoods.typepad.com
Manuela at Pleasures of Homemaking http://thepleasuresofhomemaking.blogspot.com
Cabbage Heart at Green Lettuce Soup http://greenlettucesoup.blogspot.com
Suzanne at Lavendar and Roses http://suzann_marie.blogspot.com
Natalie at Entertaining at Home With Natalie http://nataliemeester.blogspot.com
flmom at The Narrow Path http://a-skip-in-my-step.blogspot.com
Caroline at The Simple Things http://caroline-thesimplethings.blogspot.com

....reminder...at your convenience dear souls...

AWARD #2
Dear Cabbage Heart at Green Lettuce Soup has honored me with a
BOOKWORM AWARD and I am Honored to Receive it.

I am a lover of books of all kinds and will pass it on to other bloggers if they so wish to accept...now or at a later date...or... feel free to pass if you have already participated.

Rules are to list 6 things that I value most and tag 6 others with it.

1. My Faith
2. My Health
3. My Family
4. My Positive Attitude...I've tried the negative path, but it wasn't nearly as pleasant
5. My Ability to Read and to Write...such pleasures I've gained from these.
6. My Embarrassingly large collection of books...they are my friends...and I'm loyal to them.


Once again...participation is optional...I know this is a busy time...play if it sounds fun...as always...at your convenience!

I am off now, my dear kindred souls, to vacuum my bedroom and finish decorating my tree! I'm hoping to post pictures of my mantle later today.

Warmly,
Tracey

3 comments:

charmaine said...

oh my heavens, thank you Tracy! you are too kind. thank you for your inspiring kind words. so, now what i have to do is gather up ten people. this will be fun! i love those pictures of you and your girls, very pretty. i like your hair both ways. i see you are a Disney fan too! i agree, the annual pass is a great way to save money. my family and i love to visit Disney often, so we figured it would be wise to get an annual pass. it's four of us and guess what, we're all adults, lol! i just can't get enough of that place! it's so relaxing and fun. my son is 18 and he loves it.we have good memories there. so we will be buying our annual passes soon and for the first time. my question to you is, when is the best time to buy them? thanks again for this lovely award. looking forward to hearing from you soon.

God Bless,
Charmaine

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Charmaine! I think the best time to buy the passes is a month or two before they expire. This is because Disneyland always offers a discount if you renew before they expire. We didn't renew before ours expired last June and now regret it because they've gone up $20 in price since last year. So... no passes for us for awhile. That being said...I have a sneaking suspicion that they may be offering some special SoCal Resident discounts early next year due to the dragging economy...just a hunch. :)
I was just on your site drooling over those amazing chandeliers and thinking how I might convert an ordinary chandelier I have into a similar jewel...on my budget!! Oh, those shoes you featured are truly magical.
Thanks so much for the kind comments! I hope you enjoy the lemonade challenge.
Blessings and best thoughts.
Warmly,
Tracey

flmom said...

You are so sweet! It's funny this is passed along to me at this time because I truly feel life has handed me nothing but a bunch of lemons and life is feeling really sour. I've had a lot of things spinning around in my head that I need to get down on paper as to how I want/hope/intend to move forward in the new year and hopefully turn those lemons into lemonade! I'll get this posted soon.

Blessings to you!

The original "FRUGAL LUXURIES" ~ Based on the books by Tracey McBride ~ Established 1993

A warm Thank You to all kind souls and kindred spirits who generously take the time to leave a comment...your encouragement, trust and support are deeply appreciated...please know that we read each and every message and will respond as time allows.

~~~

Frugal Luxuries
is a registered trademark.


~~~


"FRUGAL LUXURIES: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul" was written by Tracey McBride and published by Bantam Books, NY, in 1997. It was the first of its genre to synergize the elements of simplicity, frugality and gracious living.

After more than a decade, FRUGAL LUXURIES has never been out of print and is now more relevant than ever.

"It's our hope that a new generation, faced with a teetering economy, will also find this information helpful and enlightening."



Sending Good Thought to Our Special Band of Kind and Kindred Souls!

Frugal Luxuries Book I

Frugal Luxuries by the Seasons Book II

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Site Counter