Thursday

Bring Your Love to Life (tm) With Only a Scrap, a Snip and a Thread...

Give the Gift of Good Thoughts (tm)





-------------
Scraps of toile, tiny checkered gingham, a needle and embroidery thread became the tools that brought my good thoughts to life.

----

In the evenings, as I watched a favorite movie or program, I put my hands to this soothing task.
Completely crafted by hand, I would sew my good thoughts into each stitch.

-----

P. S. Along with an abundance of Good Thoughts... each of these Valentine Hearts is composed of re-purposed items...fabric scraps from past sewing projects...or culled from a beloved but outgrown blouse of Rosie's. The thread was left over from a long finished embroidery project...stuffing pulled from a comfy throw-pillow that had fallen apart in the wash...and a few snips and crumbles of dried lavender (blossoms and stems) lingering from last summer's garden.


----

All text and photos under full copyright protection.

The Good Thoughts (TM) collection from Frugal Luxuries was established in 1993.
All rights reserved.

7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Those are so pretty. Love it.

charmaine said...

Hi Tracey! here's another one of your fabulous projects. i love this one. the hearts are so pretty. i wanted to stop by to let you know that i posted about that clothing store i was telling you about. i was thinking of Rosie as i was posting it. i hope she likes this store too. so, how have you been and how is the family? i pray all is well. i'm so sorry but i have been so busy. i had to make sure that before i went to bed tonight i must write Tracey. i hope you have a nice evening. please let me know how Rosie liked the store.

God Bless,
Charmaine

Simply Heart And Home said...

Tracey,

Those hearts are so precious! Love them! Thank you.

You are cordially invited to participate in the February Country Giveaway and Kitchen Magnet Friendship Exchange.

Blessings

Gina

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey, Those hearts are beautiful! I've made a few hearts for Valentines day too.
Manuela

Terri Steffes said...

I love those hearts! Thanks for coming to visit me! I learn so much from you!

Vintage Girl said...

SO pretty! Perfect for Valentines and I love the way we can use up our scrappy pieces into something so beautiful. Blessings, Heather

Dana and Daisy said...

Hi Tracey.
These are such pretty little hearts. I have a bag of lavender just going to waste. I should make some and use up my lavender.

I planted two lavender plants last year and hope to get my own buds, fresh from the plant this coming summer. It is actually a very easy plant to grow, it just needs good drainage, and very little water. Perfect for me as I tend to neglect my gardens a bit.

The original "FRUGAL LUXURIES" ~ Based on the books by Tracey McBride ~ Established 1993

A warm Thank You to all kind souls and kindred spirits who generously take the time to leave a comment...your encouragement, trust and support are deeply appreciated...please know that we read each and every message and will respond as time allows.

~~~

Frugal Luxuries
is a registered trademark.


~~~


"FRUGAL LUXURIES: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul" was written by Tracey McBride and published by Bantam Books, NY, in 1997. It was the first of its genre to synergize the elements of simplicity, frugality and gracious living.

After more than a decade, FRUGAL LUXURIES has never been out of print and is now more relevant than ever.

"It's our hope that a new generation, faced with a teetering economy, will also find this information helpful and enlightening."



Sending Good Thought to Our Special Band of Kind and Kindred Souls!

Frugal Luxuries Book I

Frugal Luxuries by the Seasons Book II

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Site Counter