"Thank you" to
sweet Terri at the charming & insightful blog...
Penny Ann Poundwise!!
Please stop by to say "hello" and browse around a bit...
as she shares our frugal philosophy of practical yet lovely living...
makes astute and touching observations & tells a wonderful story!!
As Sweet Terri was so kind to bestow this Happy 101 award,
I will happily follow the guidelines attached to it!
Here are the rules:
A.Copy the award image in your post.
B. List 10 things that make you happy
(then try to enjoy at least one of them today!)
C. Tag 10 Bloggers who brighten your day!!
Ten Things That Make Me Happy
2. LoL Cats "I Can Haz Cheezburger" daily email (click here to visit)
3. My family in the evening when we all gather, often with friends, in our small kitchen and laugh, graze, and talk about our day
4. The sound of the cats thumping up and down the stairs in a friendly game of chase
5. Stumbling across an old movie that I haven't seen in a long while(such as "Laura" with Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews and Clifton Webb~~a wonderful black and white mystery with a lovely apartment too)!
6. Falling asleep reading a good book (feeling sooo sleepy...hard to keep my eyes open...but want to read just...one...more...chapter...this happens more than you might imagine :)
7. A bowl of delicious home made soup along with a fresh lettuce and tomato salad tossed with my favorite vinaigrette dressing (which I have yet to learn how to duplicate at home~~now THAT would really make me happy too!)
8. Just being at home and puttering about the house
9. The special little squirrels that (literally) run to greet me as I open the door to the porch...they gingerly take a peanut from my palm
10. The pleasure of the many friendships we've created through the ethers~~it makes me happy to know...and to have contact with... such wondrous souls like all of you kind and kindred spirits. It always amazes me how we can create such emotion and camaraderie through this wondrous invention called the Internet (and Bloglandia in particular). (Thank you!)
I Visit so many wondrous blogs it is so very difficult to choose just ten...but here is the first batch of blogs that make me happy!
1. Brenda at "Coffee, Tea, Books and Me"
2. Clarice at Storybook Woods
3. Manuela "The Pleasures of Homekeeping"
4. Mary Ellen at "Mary's Meanderings"
5. The Thrifty Chicks
6. Saver Queen
7. Carol at "Scraps and Pieces of our Lives"
8. Tiffany at Green and Natural Parenting
9. Kathy at "Sweet Up~North Mornings"
10. Dana at "A Cat in My Lap"
AMENDMENT: I'd also like to add Charmaine at Beautiful Things to Share!
I am listing this lovely blog in addition to the others because it is such a special place. She collects beautiful images from amazing places on this wondrous Internet and uses them to create a place that holds the power to de~tangle my nerves when I'm frustrated and put me in a happy state regardless of what mood I'm in!! I didn't mention it initially because Charmaine had taken a temporary break from blogging and I didn't want to burden her quiet time with it. Happily, I've just learned that she has just returned to posting so I have decided to share this award with her...and her site with you!
I forgot to put this in my original post, but I do realize that some
Bloggers do not always participate in blog awards...thus
...please know that if you are listed here
please feel free to opt out of participating if it doesn't suit you at this time...
or adapt it to fit your time/energy (i.e.,3 bloggers in lieu of 10).
I enjoyed doing this one because it allowed me to showcase some of you wondrous kindred spirits (and I had the time available).
As I mentioned, it was so very difficult to choose just ten...so I may end up adding more later just to share with you all the wonderful places and kind souls I've found in Bloglandia (no obligations attached)!! For now, I am off to accomplish/experience lunch (soup and salad :)!!x0x
P.S. If you have a few favorite places in Bloglandia you'd like to share I'd love, love, love to hear about them!! Please feel free to put them in the comments section!!