Friday

Serene...Simple...Holidays...








Hello my kind friends! I have been thinking sooo much about all of you! It's been a crazy time for us with some family business and business/business that is gobbling up time, focus and energy. This year our holidays are very simple...a small tree...white lights...green wreaths hanging in the kitchen window...lots of serenity...much like these amazing images I found on the charming My Sparrow and Pinterest sites! Today there is rain outside...it's misting down at a steady pace. My hoarded stash of fresh pumpkins are (finally) slow~roasting in the oven! Did I tell you? They were all free...donated to anyone who cared to go by and collect them...courtesy of our local pumpkin~patch. The kind souls (who've been organizing it for decades) do this every year. It's a win~win for all!!!! They need to clear the vestiges of their Halloween and Thanksgiving festivities out of the way in order to make room for the annual Christmas tree lot/mini~carnival! Today, thanks in part to their good will, the smell of fresh pumpkin~spice bread will be perfuming the air of the McBride household! Bad news...my camera has been on the blink as of late...yet...the good news is...after a bit of fiddling...I do believe we've put it on the mend. It's charging as I write this so keep your fingers crossed that I'll be able to take photos of my little pumpkin bread project and share them here with you. In the meantime, I hope you don't mind soothing your eyes with these lovely images! As always, sending good thoughts and love to all. Here's wishing a season brimming with serenity, happiness and harmony to all of you kind and kindred souls!!!



Love and good thoughts from Tracey and Family! x0x

16 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Lovely images..I can picture your home also..

Hope the camera works! Happy Holidays..

Lorrie said...

That second photo of the living room is one of my favorites. I saw it somewhere else - do you know where it came from originally? I love the calmness of it. Serene and elegant is what I'm striving for these days - both in decorating and in life.

Hope your Christmas is full of love and joy.

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

You are so kind LTDN! I do believe it's working now!!! (The retracting lens would not come out.) I took a few photos of the kitchen window as well as a few shots of the small pumpkins. Alas, the pumpkin bread is not yet made, perhaps tomorrow would be a good day. Both my girls will be home and I know they would love to help! I am still playing with my tiny tree. It has only lights on it and I am enjoying the simplicity. The family, however, thinks it's a little bit too plain. :) I know you are enjoying the season my kind kindred spirit. :)))
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Lorrie! Yes, that photo has been making the rounds...and for very good reason...so charming! I found it on Pinterest, but it originated from the online sight of the Swedish magazine "Skona Hem" their address is www.skonahem.com. I know you will love it! Like you, I am enjoying a calmer visual season!
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Thank you so much Clarice! You say such nice things...I appreciate them very much...and...right back at you my friend!
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

May you have a very blessed Christmas... and your camera work. :)

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

LOL thank you dear Brenda! Wishing you a blessed Christmas as well my friend.
Love, good thoughts and prayers,
Tracey
x0x

Unknown said...

You always have such lovely photos. I always enjoy visiting your place.

Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! It has been so long since I have had time to come over- sounds like your have been just as busy though!

Your pumpkin roasting in the oven made me chuckle as I remembered asking my DH to buy a few pumpkins from the man who sells them out of his pickup if he was still in town. That evening Bill came home with the whole pick up loaded with pumpkins! It was the last day for the vendor to be there and he needed to get rid of them.Bill took them off his hands for $5.00. I and a friend spent days cooking, canning and freezing pumpkin!

Bee blessed
mary

Solange Honorato said...

Hi Tracey, Beautiful images!
Happy Christmas to you end your family!Beijos

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Solange! So Lovely to hear from you!
Happy Christmas to you and yours as well!
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Lorrie said...

Have the loveliest of Christmas celebrations, Tracey.

Teresa said...

Restful, lovely pictures. I could feel myself relaxing just looking at them.

Unknown said...

Tracey - I hope your Christmas was wonderful! Happy New Year!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

I agree Teresa...I find them so serene...the type of images that make the blood pressure lower just by looking at them. :)
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Thank you Terri! This has been a month of healing...so Christmas day was a blessing in that I was surrounded by my beloveds. :)
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x

The original "FRUGAL LUXURIES" ~ Based on the books by Tracey McBride ~ Established 1993

A warm Thank You to all kind souls and kindred spirits who generously take the time to leave a comment...your encouragement, trust and support are deeply appreciated...please know that we read each and every message and will respond as time allows.

~~~

Frugal Luxuries
is a registered trademark.


~~~


"FRUGAL LUXURIES: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul" was written by Tracey McBride and published by Bantam Books, NY, in 1997. It was the first of its genre to synergize the elements of simplicity, frugality and gracious living.

After more than a decade, FRUGAL LUXURIES has never been out of print and is now more relevant than ever.

"It's our hope that a new generation, faced with a teetering economy, will also find this information helpful and enlightening."



Sending Good Thought to Our Special Band of Kind and Kindred Souls!

Frugal Luxuries Book I

Frugal Luxuries by the Seasons Book II

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Site Counter