I have been procrastinating...
doing nothing much...
just enjoying my visiting Eagle who is kind enough to perch outside my kitchen windows
...for my pleasure. (Look at the bottom branch of the tree in center...
this photo was taken from inside one of the kitchen windows...so the screen gave it a fuzzy look.)
As well...we have a new pet squirrel...or two...or three...or four.
At least one visits almost daily and begs food.
He actually comes to the table under the window sometimes...
to tell me there are no peanuts for him/her/them to eat!
thus...I left a lot of goodies for him/her/them to eat
(notice the rain dripping on the edge of the porch opening?).
This photo was also taken from inside the window.
you must see,
I've had these very important things to keep me soooo very busy...
I knew you'd understand.
ONCE UPON A TIME...
on the 23RD of January I popped by Gill’s blog "That British Woman"
and she had this post.
Here are the rules:
1. Leave a comment on this blog and I will assign you a letter.
2. Write about ten things you love that begin with said letter.
3. Post the list on your blog.
4. When people comment on your list, you assign them a letter, and the game continues.
So I of course commented and sweet Gill assigned me the letter "P" which is perfectly appropriate because it won’t take me too long to figure out ten things I like beginning with the letter "P" ...here is my list:
1. PROCRASTINATE. I’m sure this needs no explanation.
2. PAPA. We call my dad Papa. This began when my older children were toddlers, and (imitating me) began calling their grandfather “Dad". Happily, they had/have a perfectly good and present father of their own. Thus... to avoid confusion...we began calling my dad Papa.
3. POTATOES. I love potatoes in any form. Baked, fried, French-fried, twice-baked, riced, mashed, and all variety of the above.
4. PLANTS. Live green plants of all size, shape, color, scents and varieties make my heart go pitter-pat.
5. PAPER. I love paper of all sorts…writing paper…scrap paper to make crafts from…and all qualities and types in-between... it’s so useful.
6. PENS. Good pens with fine tips... fat vintage fountain pens...fine point Sharpies (R) and all manner of modern writing instruments that fall under the title are coveted and used by my ink-stained, well-used, yet quite useful, fingers.
7. PIE CRUSTS. Click here and learn the fabulous SECRET TO A FLAKY & DELICIOUS PIE CRUST ...really and truly...not kidding.
8. PUMPKINS along with, pretty much, every edible member of the squash family.
9. POT PIES...you can make these using the pie crust recipe I mention here.
10. PRETTY PICTURES. It's true...a picture is truly worth a thousand words…alas...I'm still trying to remember to document my doings with photos (aka pictures). I once read that viewing pictures/photos of beautiful places, people, and things, actually lowers blood pressure, soothes agitated souls, and inspires positive actions.
If you want to play along let me know and I'll assign you a letter...no pressure!!!
Because I am so awful at these things, I'm counting on the forgiving nature of all you kind souls to bear with me...because...
On Feb 8th I received ANOTHER LOVELY LEMONADE AWARD.... this time from Carol (aka…Scrappy Quilter )! This is my second award
(My friend Marie at http://trailmixup.wordpress.com was kind enough to award it to me last year.)
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Here are the rules:
Put the logo on your blog or post. If you can.
Personal Note: I have about a dozen of these Lemonade award logos in various files on my computer and I've YET to be able to get it onto the blog. It's become the bane of my iphoto / pictures/documents existence. That being said, I'm still trying to capture one from other blogs and sites...in other words..."I endeavor to persevere."
Nominate at least 3 blogs, which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love and link to this post, and to the person from whom you received your award.
Tootsie at "Tootsie Time"
Terri and Bob at "Lakewood Manor"
Heather Jean at "Vintage Girl"
These awards are also presented to all and any of you wondrous good souls who are kind enough to read my fledgling blogs. Please help yourselves if you're so inclined, even if your name is not mentioned.
You are all in my good thoughts always.