Frugal Luxuries:Homespun Alchemy TM
Their content encompasses our simple yet magical motto...
Making Something From Nothing TM
Even Rumpelstitlzkin needed straw to make gold!!)
Here's a scan of the cover of our first Idea Pod tm. Copyright 2000.
We sold/sell these little greeting~card size IdeaPodsTM at~~and to~~small boutiques, gift shops, specialty store and...of course...at our own Frugal Luxuries Workshops. Today, we'd like to share some of the ideas from Homespun AlchemyTM Idea Pods with all of you wondrously kind and kindred souls.
...helps you to work ahead of need and
Stock the Gift PantryTM
This is just some of the gold you will spin using only...
a sprig or two of Rosemary (or another savory herb)...dried peppers...vinegar...olive oil...re~purposed beer and lemonade bottles...thrifted tea cups & creamers...vintage silver baby cups...
It's so easy, with such deliciously useful results you will see why I call it magic.
- Clean out a recycled bottle or two (we used one of my Dad's Corona beer bottles for the vinegar and a lemonade bottle bought at Trader Joe's for last summer's concert in the park picnic~~to cap the vinegar we re~purposed a cork from an empty wine bottle )
- fill the clean bottles with vinegar or olive oil using a funnel. Hint: I buy white vinegar and extra virgin olive oil in bulk from Costco for these projects...they usually offer the best prices
- tuck in a sprig or two of herbs (sometimes I add a red pepper to our olive oil for a bit of heat)
- close or seal the bottles with caps or corks
- print out a simple label from your computer or write one in your prettiest handwriting
- cut out the labels with scissors and glue onto bottles using a simple glue stick
- To embellish, use ribbon or raffia to tie~on a vintage creamer (wonderful for pouring oil & vinegar dressings)... thrifted tea cups(these are especially nice to include with olive oil as it can be used to hold the oil for dipping or measuring)...and/or vintage silver baby cups
I found these bartender's pour~spouts at a yard sale for a mere dime.
Tracey and Family